Monday, August 3, 2009

Our Asheville Trip!

Hello to All who have taken to the time to read and share your love through this blog site. Sorry for the delay of posting about our trip. I wanted to scrapbook all the events before sharing them. These are the pages I put together for my personal collection, however I wanted to share them with you. We had a great time together continously being pampered each minute of the day. Much Fun!!! Family time is so special to me, and I am sure it was equally as treasured by the rest of the group. We stayed at The Biltmore Village Inn- Bed & Breakfast which is, by-far,one of the coolest places I have ever been. It was decorated and furnished to make you feel like you were in a castle. We stayed in 3 rooms inside the home, each with bathrooms larger than my own room and then we rented the cottage. The Cottage included a full kitchen and living room, hot tub, grill, and patio. Everything was of the nicest quality. We couldn't have expected more.

-On Friday, we arrived early to set-up and decorate for Nathan and Barbara's arrival later that afternoon. They were thrilled with the place- for it was a surprise. We stayed in on Friday and enjoyed a steak dinner followed by hot tub time and cake!!!
-Then on Saturday, the men golfed and the women went out to the spa! It was a joy to be treated of true royalty throughout the weekend. After the spa, we scattered into our own groups and spent time shopping, eatting lunch, and enjoying eachother.
- On Saturday Night, we made reservations at Rezaz- another high-class restuarant in Biltmore Village. The food was wonderful and we engaged in several activities to reminisce on their past 50 years together. My Dad brought a projector and speakers to display a 15-minute-long slideshow that my family had put together. We didn't get any tears from Nana, but I am sure she enjoyed it.
-On Sunday, we visited the Biltmore Estate, all of us grandkids had never been before. It was breath-taking and astounding at how huge but perfect everything was. The intricate detail that had to go into the construction of that house was amazing. We ate lunch near the winery together and then sadly it was time to go.

I am incredibly thankful to my mom-Deanne, and my Aunt Debbie for spending endless hours planning every last detail of this vacation. It sailed so smoothly for everyone, due to their wonderful event planning.

Ok, So here are the Digital Scrapbook Pages I did on the trip! (CLICK ON THEM TO ZOOM)

Below is a 2-paged layout of all of us at the Saturday night dinner. I think Uncle Bob avoided the camera, but Yes! he was there!
A Special Moment perfect for the Camera! Krysti and I made sure to capture this moment on film! 50 years is such an admirable time together.

And here is a few pictures from the Biltmore. The 'no picture policy' was very upsetting. Oh well!
And of course, the SPA!!! Still today, I can look down at my Hot Pink Pedicure and remember the wonderful trip to the spa. What Fun!And here are a few pictures of the B&B we stayed at. Click here to view more pictures of The Biltmore Village Inn.
Here is another quick layout I did on 3 generations of ladies. Me, My Mom, and My Nana. We all look remarkable. Especially my Nana!!!!
Again, Thanks for taking the time to read through this blog. Comment again if you like!
We are so fortunate to have been able to celebrate this wonderful time together. Much Love to all the readers.
Sincerely,
Kelsey
(Nathan and Barbara's Youngest Grand Daughter)
July 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment